- About Us
- Training Programs
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Refund Policy
- Contact Us
Vamana is one of the five therapies of Panchakarma. Vamana means therapeutic vomiting. When Kapha Dosha gets increased, it causes various types of diseases such as cold, cough etc. If the extent of Kapha increase is less, then some oral medicines can be given to suppress it. But if it has increased to a large extent and if it has moved from its natural place to other places, then it needs to be expelled out of the body.
By expelling it out, the disease gets cured, often completely. Since Kapha is situated in the chest region, expelling it from the oral route is very easy. Hence, Vamana treatment is designed. To expel it out, first the Kapha Dosha needs to be forcefully brought from the extremities and different organs into the stomach, and then vomiting is induced.
It is for preventive and curative purposes. Ayurveda has explained that the different seasons have a great influence in the aggravation of Doshas, such as Kapha in spring season, Pitta in summer season and Vata in rainy season. Hence one can adopt Vamana therapy in spring season as a preventive therapy in order to prevent disorders related to Kapha.
1. Vitiated and aggravated Kapha Dosha is expelled out of the body, leading to cure of disease
2. The digestion and metabolism power gets enhanced
3. Normal health is restored
4. The sense organs, mind, intelligence, complexion become clear and gain strength
5. The person gains strength, nourishment and immunity
6. Reduction in weight and cholesterol and triglycerides
7. It improves the chances of fertility, virility and sexual power
8. It helps to slow down aging process.
9. One can live healthily for long time.
1. All types of disorders due to vitiated Kapha Dosha and increased Kapha with Pitta
2. Headache, dizziness
3. Gastrointestinal problems like diarrhoea indigestion, continuous nausea, anorexia, lack of taste
4. Psychological problems like blocked emotions, schizophrenia
5. Chronic Respiratory tract diseases like chronic cold and cough, bronchitis, asthma, respiratory tract infections, Sinusitis
6. Fever of recent origin, Bleeding disorder due to Pitta imbalance
7. Skin diseases with itching and burning sensation such as herpes, psoriasis, eruption of pimples, urticaria, itching, eczema, allergic conditions
8. Diabetes, Urinary tract disorders
9. Goitre, Tumours, Fibroids, Thyroid disorders
10. Kapha disorders affecting neck, ear, nose eyes, and throat
11. Obesity, Heaviness of the body lethargy, laziness, lack of inclination for work, lack of co-ordination in sense organs
12. Fatigue, weakness, tiredness without any reason
13. Foul smell of the body
14. Sleeplessness or excessive sleep
16. Impotency, loss of strength and complexion in spite of the intake of nutritious diet