- About Us
- Training Programs
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Refund Policy
- Contact Us
Valuka means sand, Sweda is sweat, and Swedana is sweat inducing treatment.
Valuka Sweda is a treatment in which sand is used for fomentation (sweat inducing) of painful parts in which heated sand tied in a bolus to provide heat to the pain afflicted joints or body parts, especially in diseases like Amavata (rheumatoid arthritis), Urustambha (stiffness of thigh and lower limbs), Medoroga (diseases manifested due to disturbances in fat metabolism) etc.
In this treatment, the sand is heated to tolerable temperature and tied in a bolus. The bolus is heated in a pan. The heated bolus is continuously rubbed over the afflicted area, low back in this case. This treatment is preferred in the presence of Ama (toxins) and symptoms of morbid kapha (stiffness, swelling, heaviness etc).
1. Relieves pain, stiffness and swelling associated with Rheumatoid arthritis.
2. Expels morbid Ama, Vata, Kapha and Meda.
3. It causes sweating and brings about lightness and a feeling of health in the afflicted joints, muscles and soft tissues.
4. Relieves stiffness and rigidity of thighs and lower limbs.
5. Removes the blocks created by fat and corrects fat metabolism. Sweat is said to be a metabolic waste of fat. By removing the sweat, valuka sweda liquefies the stagnant fat and expels it, thereby correcting the fat metabolism.
6. Valuka Sweda eliminates the body toxins, establishes health and tones up the joints and soft tissues.
7. Improves the movements of the joints.
8. Removes water retention in the tissues and effusion of joints
1. Rheumatoid Arthritis (Amavata) –It is extremely useful in relieving the pain, swelling and catches. It should be preferred when symptoms and signs of morbid Vata, Ama and Kapha are predominant i.e. pain, swelling, and stiffness, feeling of cold in the regions of joints with some range of disturbed movements.
2. Stiffness of the thighs (Urustambha) – This disease too is caused by morbid vata, kapha and ama. Thus Valuka Sweda is highly effective in the management of Urustambha, just like in Amavata.
3. Obesity, Over-weight, Disorders of fat metabolism (Medoroga) – Excessive accumulation or production of fat due to failure of clearance mechanism or metabolic errors leads to manifestation of many disorders in the body. Valuka Sweda being a dry form of fomentation helps to liquefy and clear the stagnant morbid factors and cure pain, swelling and stiffness and other diseases caused due to excessive fat accumulation. This includes obesity and over-weight conditions.
4. Cystic swellings / joint effusions (Granthi) – Accumulation of fluids in a cystic swelling or effusions is due to excessive morbid kapha. Valuka Sweda helps in reducing the swelling and fluid collections in tissues and joints.
5. Musculo-skeletal pains as in myalgia and or fibromyalgia (Mamsagata Vata).